Public Private Partnership
Public Private Partnerships are a means of procuring public services and infrastructure by combining the best of the public and private sectors with an emphasis on value for money and delivering quality public services. This isdone by passing substantial financial, technical and operational risk in the Design, Build, Finance and Operation (DBFO) of a project from the Government or a private business venture to one or more other private companies.
Whole Life Partnering
One of apm's own longest partnerships has been that with Tube Lines Ltd. Providing assistance from initial pre-qualification, through an extended tendering period, and into eventual operation, we have helped both the Business Planning and Operations Directorates on a substantial range of issues including:
- Asset & IT Strategy development
- Performance benchmarks & targets development
- Investment Performance Model (IPM) development & implementation
- Asset hierarchy development
- Performance, fault and condition data investigation
- Tender risk management
- Performance-penalty impact assessments
- Annual asset management planning
- Claims development
- Yearly performance and project delivery review
During the bid phase, the chairman of apm also took on the role of Finance Director the Tube Lines bid, ensuring the eventual and successful Financial close.