Investment Decision Analysis
apm's core business provides its clients with the means to make better informed business investment decisions, at a long-term business strategy level, through medium-term major project planning, and short-term operational maintenance planning.
This is achieved by linking system and asset performance characteristics to businesses costs drivers, such as revenue KPIs or a performance-penalty regime. Using reliability and historical performance data, in conjunction with future plans, future performance can be modelled and predicted. Since historical data tends to be variable in nature, the risk of such uncertainty on a system's operational delivery can also be quantified.
To assist in this process, apm has developed performance based models and software tools, including a package called LIBRA*, containing core functionality that can be configured or adapted to a clients specific requirements.
Using this approach apm is able to offer its clients an unparallelled approach to:
- Modelling and forecasting the likely financial benefits of planned investments (for both existing and new systems)
- Identification of critical areas for improvement
- Identification of financial risks associated with such investments
- Optimisation of a client's businesses investment plan
- Assessment of performance or spend targets
- Impact assessment of project late or early delivery